7 reason why schools should get 3D Printing !
Ever wondered how your schools can be benefited by 3D Printing? Ever thought why schools should invest in the 3D Printing technology.Well! We might have the answers for all of your queries regarding the need of 3D Printing in schools? Listed below are the top 7 reason to get acquainted with 3D Printing as soon as possible.
- Spatial Intelligence:3D Printing not only motivates students to imagine but also helps them in bringing their imaginations to life.Scientific research says that 3D Designing help students in enhancing their spatial intelligence It is the ability to draw accurate conclusions from observing a three-dimensional environment. It involves interpreting and making judgments about the shape, size, movement, and relationships between surrounding objects, as well as the ability to envision and manipulate 3D models of things that are not immediately visible.
- Refine their designs and understand the creation process: 3D Printing gives students endless chances to rectify their mistakes and redesign it to perfection. With the help of 3D Printed prototypes students can figure out the flaws in their creations and rectify them immediately. Students are no more dependent on outside means for spare parts as they have 3D Printers to print them right in front of their eyes or as they call it mini factories of their own.
- Tactile Learning: When a batch of students were asked if learning by doing is a better way to approach studies or reading out from the books and attending lectures is is better, more than 90% of the students supported tactile learning i.e learning by carrying out physical activities and gaining experience. 3D Printing has the ability to create tangible activities through which students can learn important academic concepts like project motion from creating a 3D Printed catapult or buoyancy through a working motorboat.
- Experiencing instead of cramming:A 3D printed object held in the hands of the student-designer can bridge the gap between simple visual perception and three-dimensional spatial visualization, and thereby incite a paradigm shift.A recent study shows that, students tend to cram their concepts in order to score good marks.This technique might leaf them to top positions in school but won’t help in their daily growth.Hence there arises a great need to change their mindset and motivate them to gain knowledge not information.
- Igniting Innovation:Creativity is thinking of new things,and innovation is doing new things.Now students have great ideas but because of lack of resources they are not able to execute and bring their ideas into life.If students are given the required tools to innovate from the very early stages of life, it not only triggers their mind at the right time but also helps them grow beyond their academics.In the age, where artificial intelligence is making it’s space in every other industry, students have to think out of the box and explore things.
- Tangible models from the school curriculum :From the very early stages, students are handed over heavy textbooks which become monotonous after sometime.This is where experiential learning proves to be handy.With the help of 3D Printing technology students can design and print subject models like anatomical heart or a skeleton to understand the bone formation.Such pragmatic methods not only enhance their visualisation skills but keep their learnings fun and frolic.Experiential learning gives students a chance to make mistakes and learn from it.
- Access to latest technology:3D Printing has taken the world by storm, it has uses over 120 industries and has the potential to revamp the manufacturing process. 3D Printing involves additive manufacturing which is basically adding layers on top of each other in order to create the desired product. Industries have been using traditional methods of production such as subtractive manufacturing which results in huge wastage of material and money. But with the help of additive manufacturing, only a required amount of material is used leaving no wastage and hence saving cost. In the next 5 years, industries will witness a paradigm shift in their manufacturing process that will save huge amount of money and resources.
3D Printing is a technology that has made it’s presence in almost all the industries from automobile to construction.It offers a great future where manufacturing is done with better efficiency and saves a lot more cost.Sooner or later 3D Printers will be found in every household and institution.