Top 6 schools in India offering 3D Printing.
Schools are not mere institutions that just offer learning to the students rather schools are workplaces that offer a bundle of opportunity to their students more than enough for them to grow and pursue their dreams.From a student’s perspective schools and their home are the only two major ways from which he/she gets most of his learnings.And if these two institutions fail to do so,it leaves a future that is unattractive and blurry for the student.Hence there arises a great need especially for the schools to upgrade themselves with the modern technologies and offer their kids the best in the world.India largely depends on it’s younger generation who further depend on the knowledge and facilities they receive from the educational institutions.Now considering 3D Printing technology is one the latest and most futuristic technology that is in it’s way to revolutionise the classrooms,here is a list of top 6 schools in Delhi/NCR region who are offering 3D Printing in their schools and are excelling too.
- Presidium: Not one but three schools.Presidium chain has invested in 3D Printing in three of its schools namely Gurgaon,Indirapuram and Ashok Vihar.Presidium is one of the well known names in schools that have introduced 3D Printing in one of their club periods.And the response has been more than what they expected.About 600 students are have enrolled and ready to convert their imaginations into reality.
- Maurya,Gurgaon: Maurya not just introduced 3D Printing in their school but also made sure their students win the Dexter Designing league 2016 as well.Maurya is known for introducing new technologies in their premises,from 3D Printing to smart classes they have it all.Maurya has been running an annual curriculum around 3D Printing with the help of 3Dexter and have renewed the facility again for the second consecutive year.Students at Maurya school have shown tremendous growth over the past one and half years and now they have integrated robotics with 3D Printing to enhance their innovations.
- Himalaya Public School,Rohini: Himalaya Public School,Rohini was one of the first schools in Delhi to get acquainted with 3D Printing.This step not only helped them market themselves but also created an added brand value for them.Himalaya integrated 3D Printing with their school curriculum in 2015 and has been conducting daily classes around it.Himalaya was also the runner-up in the Dexter Designing league 2016.
- Laurel High, Pitampura: 3D Printing in Laurel high has been more than successful just by the fact that the number of kids tripled in the second year of their association with the 3D Printing technology.In the end of their first year,students at Laurel created a prototype of a smart city,a city that they visualised could be possible by 2021.This city comprised of modern transportation like Hyperloop and even better sewage systems to keep their city clean and hygienic.
- Vivekananda,Anand Vihar: Mrs Megha Ahuja’s vision of empowering the children is rightly aligned with their school activities.This school isn’t just about providing one technology to their students but providing several other technologies like smart classes,robotics apart from 3D Printing.Vivekananda school is known for providing a space for holistic development to the young minds and 3D Printing is one of their latest ventures in proving it so.
- CCA- Colonel’s Central Academy,Gurgaon: CCA is one of the very recent schools who have adopted 3D Printing in their curriculum.Twice every week students get a chance to work on the 3D Printing softwares and get their hands on the Innovator 3D Printer.CCA has installed latest 3D Printing softwares in their computer lab,which the students don’t want to leave now.The principal Mrs Nirmal Yadav believes that it’s the school responsibility to upgrade itself with the modern day technologies to keep the students at par if not ahead of the rest of the world.
Schools have slowly and steadily started to invest time and money in such futuristic technologies,3D Printing just being one of them.With some great initiatives taken by the Government like ATAL Tinkering Labs help us conclude the fact that innovation is must in schools and hence getting the right technology becomes even more necessary.These futuristic technologies will make their presence in even more schools,it’s just a matter of which school comes ahead and becomes the first in it’s vicinity.With the growing number of schools in India,getting admissions has only got tougher which creates a dire need for schools to come up with innovative selling points.And let’s face it such technologies do help in promoting the brand name apart from the values they impart.